Monday, January 5, 2009

Estates Upgrade: HD Cable with DVR

Over the past few months, residents and guests to the BkE have enjoyed the use of a DVR system. This system much enhanced Lost parties and lowered tolerances for commercials. That DVR, however, was lost after a time and once again, TV watchers were forced to endure commercials and watching programs on the hour which they started. How primitive! That all came to an end once woot carried, for one day only, a Pinnacle PCTV HD card, hailing the beginning of the end. To utilize such a card, requires a desktop computer of stout proportions. That computer was found to be available within the family and thus, the hardware was acrued.

We're still getting the hang of it all and there seems to be better software out there as well. The HD channels look very good and the hard drive allows for about 16 hours of HD recording. With the extra monitor that is suspiciously labelled, 'Budge,' the computer behind the projector is a full blown control console. And now, we wait.
Lost: Jan 21
The Office: Jan 15
Heroes: Feb 2
Pushing Daisies: TBA

8 comments:

stickman in the gallows said...

Although, since Lost is now on a Wednesday and also on Stake Ski night, I move that we continue to hold Lost party on Thursday.

Bus Gillespie said...

I only understood about 8 words in that post...but Good Job!

Anonymous said...

Interesting the Upgrades have been made after the myself (Coach) and Jared had left.

Beetle said...

I have a question regarding the list of Denizens on this blogsite. Why is CJ linked to a picture of a bird and WHY is Sam linked to Beef and Nails and Wood?! He's not me . . . sorry, Sam, maybe with the advancement of technology you could become me, but for now, not so.

I move that those two join the blogosphere!

Kendra said...

"Budge" you say?! THADDEUS!! I thought you got rid of that doughnut box LONG AGO! Maybe I should make a phone call to Officer Dunn!!! ;)

Sounds like fun...I'm sorry I'm going to miss it!

Jinx said...

I scoff at Bret, sympathize with Bus, agree with Anonymous (Coach), laugh at Beetle, and roll my eyes at Kendra.

Did you hear that Pushing Daisies was officially cancelled? Apparently there are 3 episodes which will likely be shown during late spring or summer 2009, but after that it's done. The show's creator, Bryan Fuller, wants to try to wrap up the story in either comic book or movie form.

Manda Hall said...

Now you must keep track of two wireless controls instead of one, I am a little bit concerned.

Jancisco said...

I'm with Kendra. Thad, how could you?